Skip to main content

Reply to "pitch counts"

BaseballcoachinPA, you could not be more wrong about the impact of HS coaches in Florida, you are absolutely clueless.

quote:
Pitch in college and Pro? the only way he gets there is through the school!

Wrong, wrong wrong! In Florida and Texas you get to the colleges through your summer and fall teams not through the HS's. My son's College coach never spoke to his HS coach. They spoke to his summer and fall coaches who have far more experience and a better record of developing talent than the HS coach.

quote:
who do you think they come to when they want official grades!

Well they certainly don't come to the coach. Have you heard of the guidance department. Are you saying that if you don't like a kid or parents that you would withhold or falsify grades? Get a grip!

quote:
any coach who has a kid with parents like you better make sure when he recommends the kid that he informs the college coach of this meeting. If you already ave your sights set on MLB then it could happen in college also!

First of all, you have no idea who this kid is and you are way off base. If some Podunk coach doesn't hurt his arm he does have a shot at playing for pay. Second, why would you ffel the ned to trash a kid and his parents? Because they dares ask you about pitch count and after you ignored them called a meeting with the AD? If that is your reasoning then you are an egomaniac.

quote:
I love the parents who feel the need to address coaches, do you think your parents would have ever do this? no way, but different generations.

Exactly, so quit being a dinosaur. Hey we used to ride horses instead of cars. Grow with the times.

quote:
You are the people responsible for the qualified coaches not coaching! as they do not want to deal with you! So blame yourself if a underqualified coach hurts the kids arm!

I would much rtather have a coach who listens and is less informed about pitching than a dinosaur who knows less about pitching than the players pitching coach does, but refuses to let someone else instruct "his" players. The problem with guys like you is that you think that you know everything. Most HS coaches are not qualified to move pitchers on to the next level anymore. Times have changed and quality instruction is available. College coaches are wanting more and more polish on college pitchers than they used to.

Your post was offensive.

PS, when a kid has 20-30 scouts coming to see all of his games, then he may have a future in pro ball. You assumption about the kid and parent was uninformed at best.

the Florida Bombers
"I love the HSBBW"