Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitch framing evaluation?"

Bishop-Thanks for the email. Our kids would probably get along just fine! Sounds like they have a lot in common. My son got his growth spurt this year---4 pant sizes and 30 of muscle. I can't wait to see him play this spring!

My son is most interested in being an Aerospace Engineer. Post High-School baseball for him will only be a wedge to get into a HA school, if he can. He is not interested in "getting to the next level-" unless that means a quality education. If I had a nickle for every time someone sold me on the next level, I  could pay for that HA school with no sweat! (btw: the first time I heard "next level" was when he was 10! I asked the coach if the next level was 11U--He looked at me like I was from another planet! Needless to say, I didn't pay the $4000 to have him tell 11 year olds about playing community college baseball!)

What he is interested in is doing what he can to make his team and his pitchers better. I was looking for something on here to quantify that but not a lot of positive feedback to that concept. Fortunately, I have found something from Jerry Weinstein that is pretty much what I need. I think he may know a little something about catching!