Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitcher progression"

@PitchingFan posted:

Dead on TPM.  I have said that some SEC schools told youngest son he was big enough or had enough velocity.  He fell into the right time, right place with UT (I give God credit).  He found a PC that loved lefties and wants velocity but also wants pitchability.  That is what gets son on the mound and has given him success.  He can throw 94 but it gets really flat and straight after 90 so coach says we want 86-89 with movement on everything.  Only throws fastball when he has to and normally 2 seam rather than 4 seam and lives off curve, slider, and changeup.  He can throw all for strikes in any count.  I've said I'm not sure if he gets recruited if at UT if he is on the market now with their success but he is still effective so who knows.  You have to do you and find that place that loves you.  Just like in life.  Do you and find the person who loves you.  (Taught that to our youth this past Wednesday night).  If you have to change you too much for them to love you it will probably not work out in the long run in baseball or life.

Great advice, and I’m about to ask in a new thread how a player knows a program loves him.