Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitcher progression"

I agree with PitchingFan on time and money.  Both are pretty easy to quantify which make for an easy scale.  I would simply add a little more context that I took from my son's process that might be helpful.  

Who is spending their time?  Recruiting coordinators are certainly expected to spend their time on the recruiting trail.  Pitching coaches as well. If the head coach shows up, that is likely "love."

Where are they spending their time? The big PBR and PG tournaments are great, and an important part of the recruiting process.  Schools are attending those for a bunch of players, not just one player.  But, if they follow up and then show up at perhaps a random tournament/game that their school doesn't typically recruit from?  They are likely attending for just for one player, and that is likely "love."

As for money, beyond the size of the offer (and so many ways to think about that) is there no time limit on it? That is likely "love."

Does the offer increase as they get to see and know the player more? Again, likely "love."