Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitcher progression"

@nycdad posted:

I'm sure I'm going to get some grief for this, but if your kid is getting 1500+/34 on SAT/ACT, the class workload at a JUCO isn't likely to challenge him, and in my opinion you want to surround yourself with people that'll will either push you, or be at your level. That's probably not going to be the case, academic wise at most JUCO. Obviously there are exceptions.

Spot on @nycdad.   

@Dadbelly2023 - Keep working him over.   Take him to some college games, so he can see for himself the various levels.  Maybe the light bulb comes on that he is different from his travel teammates, and that is a good thing.  It  didn't take long for my son's light bulb to come on as he saw his travel teammates rush into committing.  My son was 2nd to last on his travel team to finally commit as they all went D1. Many didn't make it past their sophomore years at D1 P5s.  My son played all 4 years at a D1HA (mid-major), and the guy that was recruited after him had a great D1 at a mid-major career and got drafted.

They all go through a series of realizations and epiphanies.  Once your son realizes college baseball at any level is a great opportunity then you know he gets it.  They understand that they don't know everything and that Mom & Dad (may be uncool) but know a lot more about this stuff than previously thought possible.   Hang in there. Good luck!

Last edited by fenwaysouth