Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitcher progression"

Where do you draw lines on this?  My 2025 is probably going to be a bubble D1 pitcher... but that's where he wants to be.  But he's an exceptional student and will graduate 3.9+/4.0 and SAT1500+/ACT34+.  I've started talking about the benefits of HA D3s and few better academic D2s but he wants zero part of the discussion. It's simply just not part of his or his travel teammates thought processes. Is JUCO the best route for him to meet this goal? How many students like that have you seen in JUCO?

Many good recommendations so far which I will add a little to here.  Have him take a look at some of the recruiting over at Perfect Game's website for some D1 schools that he would be interested in.  Can he point out a number of pitchers from prior recruiting classes that have a similar profile to him?  How are those schools' 2025 commitments looking like so far (many of the stronger schools likely close to done)?  This summer will be in focus for the remainder of D1 schools to fill out the vast majority of their recruiting, with pitchers typically taking priority.  HA D3 would typically occur after that, but there is always some overlap.  He will want to start getting his name/stats/academics out to D1 schools if that is his goal, and if there is some/no response (through his club/HS coaches) then that would be telling.

I agree with others that this doesn't sound like a JUCO fit.