Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitcher progression"

@25Dad posted:

Many good recommendations so far which I will add a little to here.  Have him take a look at some of the recruiting over at Perfect Game's website for some D1 schools that he would be interested in.  Can he point out a number of pitchers from prior recruiting classes that have a similar profile to him?  How are those schools' 2025 commitments looking like so far (many of the stronger schools likely close to done)?  This summer will be in focus for the remainder of D1 schools to fill out the vast majority of their recruiting, with pitchers typically taking priority.  HA D3 would typically occur after that, but there is always some overlap.  He will want to start getting his name/stats/academics out to D1 schools if that is his goal, and if there is some/no response (through his club/HS coaches) then that would be telling.

I agree with others that this doesn't sound like a JUCO fit.

Not sure how many top d1’s are close to done with 2025’s. My son is looking at some pretty high d1’s that just wrapped up their 2024’s this fall. This summer will be their big summer for signing 2025’s, but they’ll likely take some after 9/1 too. I’m talking top 50 schools.