Skip to main content

Reply to "pitching"

Stud this question is without an answer. People who have hard throwing sons will argue that velocity is everything and you can not play D1/pro if you throw less than high 80s. People who have soft throwers will argue the opposit.
Hone your skills and velocity will not hold you back.
I can give examples on both sides of the coin. a good pitcher needs 3+ good pitcher needs to have pitches he can throw for strikes and keep the batters off balance. I watched a DH University game last night . The best pitcher on the field was throwing 76 mph. He had a no hitter going into the 7th. Threw a complete game winning 7-1 allowing 3 hits. The second game was pitched by a guy who graduated from a 4 year Southern school who was hitting 91. He also threw well but has to be pulled after 4 1/3 innings as he became wild and walked 3 batters in a row. He won the game 6-4.
Both pitchers did well and on a team compliment each other. Show you can win and no one will care that you don't throw hard.
A RHP I have followed graduated from a 4 yr D1 southern school was signed by NY Yankees . He was sent to a A team and at the end of the season was moved up to AAA. Not even a full season and moved up. He maxed out at 82 and pitches around 78-80.
Why do people set limits on themselves ? Learn to pitch, work hard and the only limits will be when you can't go any further.