Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitching at the PG 15u tournament."

Buckeye 2015 posted:

A good friend has a son whose 15U team just played at the 16U WWBA.  They are fairly well known as this group of kids has been together for several years.  They won their pool that included a couple bigger name 16U teams.  They had ALOT of major college coaches at their games.  They had a pitcher/SS who was already getting some attention throw 90+ and get offers from an ACC, SEC and B1G school during the event and commit to the B1G school on the spot.  His son had a B1G school come to watch him at EVERY game and has him scheduled for a visit this fall. I have known the kid for years...watched him play this spring as a HS freshman starting on Varsity.  The kid is just a ridiculous athlete.  Could probably play every position but pitcher and start on most varsity teams.   He has gotten contact from several other majors since they got home.  Coaches know what they are looking at

I don't want to take over the thread, but how are these kids being contacted - at the tournament?  Are the recruiters talking to the coach and the coach asks the kid to give the recruiter a phone call, or what?  Just curious about how these big tournaments work with kids before they are eligible to be contacted directly, since I'm hearing about "committing on the spot."