Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitching Injuries"

Originally Posted by Bulldog 19:

Parents have simply lost their minds. When it comes to athletics, parents have simply lost their minds. Not just baseball. Every sport. I get to see it every single day in my career. It's in a bunch of different sports and these kids are playing several hours a day. Coaches are often thrown under the bus for "player abuse" but quite frankly it's not the coaches. It's the parents. This board has provided plenty of evidence of it as well. Any time that an article is posted from Dr. Andrews, parents are quick to talk about how unimportant his comments are. I have parents make excuses regularly about why an athlete is having "concussion-like" symptoms but they want to pretend the kid doesn't have a concussion. Sadly, there are plenty of healthcare providers who will agree with them. 

What constitutes a "qualified healthcare provider" when it comes to sports injuries? They don't necessarily have "MD" after their name....

I agree with you about the parents, thats why constant reminding that young bodies can break down is important.

Parent education on all of this is really pretty important.