Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitching stride - it'll come...."

cabbagedad posted:
mjd-dad posted:

...There is so much internet content on this subject, with many conflicting opinions that I feel the more I read the less I understand … and shit, I have college degrees in both physics and mechanical engineering.  The aggregate search results on this subject are quite frustrating and I am about to give up on the cerebral pathway to pitching stride enlightenment.

Love this... yup, pretty much sums up today's world of baseball instruction.  If THIS guy can't follow along...  imagine all the regular Joe's and Judy's out there trying to help their little Johnny ... 

There is no doubt that there is a lot of bad info about pitching on the Internet. There are a lot of not so good real life pitching instructors too.  The interesting thing about baseball (compared to other sports) is that every common man (and woman) seem to think they know something about the game. Some think they know enough to teach.  Some do but most don’t. That usually doesn’t hold them back however. I guess it’s because baseball has been referred to as The National Pastime for generations.  But when you combine uneducated consumer with used car salesman is when you end up owning a lemon.