Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitching velocity necessary to succeed in college"

Provi Celti 08:

I don't think that I can speak to your velocity question any better than the folks who have already responded. I would add the following thoughts, though:

(1) The better your grades and SAT/ACT scores, the more desirable you make yourself as a recruit. Every coach is looking for strong students who can also play to put through the admissions process.

(2) Make certain that you're playing on the best summer/fall team available to you in terms of exposure to college recruiters. Show them that you can succeed consistently against top level batters.

(3) Pick one or two showcase events that tend to attract recruiters from the programs that are high on your list and make sure that you attend them when you're in good pitching shape.

(4) Make sure that recruiters who are meaningful to you know of your interest in them. Write them a personalized note, attaching your game/showcase schedule and an information sheet about yourself.

Do all of those things consistently and you'll put yourself in the best possible position to be recruited by programs of interest to you.

Best of luck to you!