Skip to main content

Reply to "Pitching vs, Catching"

meads posted:
Gunner Mack Jr. posted:

DS needs to speak first the catcher who keeps calling fastballs so he can understand the reason why.   They should try to get on the same page first before anything is asked of the coach.   No good will come of going around his catcher to the coach until they (pitcher and catcher) come to an impasse.

He has already spoken with the catcher multiple times. The catchers response is “ do what I tell you” 🤷‍♀️

My son asked the coach if he could have some additional bullpen time with the catcher that was struggling with his slider and wouldn’t call it during games. Saying he “just needs time to get used to it”.  It was a valid point as my 2022 is (obviously from my moniker) a lefty. Also a passive aggressive way of bringing the coach into the situation.  But I do understand your son’s frustration. My son loved it when he was pulled up to pitch varsity games because the catchers would call what they thought was best against the batter, not what was best for them to receive.  The lower level catcher never got to the point where son could throw a hard breaking ball with a runner on third but it did get better.