Skip to main content

Reply to "Player Age"

@atlnon posted:

For those that reclassed, saying they wished they reclassed, or thinks that reclassing is a good idea for athletic purposes/reason, is it really worth starting a year or 2 later with life and lose out on that extra earning potential and real world experience?  I've met a lot of families that did this.  My son has kids 2 to 3 years older than him in his grade (we reclassed him 1 year up when he was in 2nd grade).  I honestly don't understand reclassing down for athletic purpose/reason.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about reclassing due to maturity or academic reasons.

I don’t buy into the extra earning potential by starting work earlier. Most people are physically younger than 65yos in previous generations. Most companies don’t have retirement plans with compulsory retirement at 65.

Since I’m self employed now in my second career I plan to work part time into my late seventies. Then I’ll evaluate my mental competency relative to being in a “mistakes could be financially devastating” work environment. I enjoy having something to get up for, being challenged and interacting with clients.

I also enjoy being able to go skiing any weekday I want in the winter. A Silver Pass is $250 for the season Monday to Friday excluding holidays. A regular one day pass is $140 on weekends and holidays. Who wants to deal with lift lines on those days anyway?

Last edited by RJM