Skip to main content

Reply to "Player Age"

@PitchingFan posted:

Some of ya'll who bash on us who talk about our kids going to school to play baseball are just as strange on the other side.  Who talks about potential earning years when talking about 19 year olds?  They are in their prime.  Let them enjoy life to some extent.  As I say all the time, you have your whole life to work, why rush it.  It drives me up the wall parents who push their teenagers to get a job.  Let them play ball and be teenagers.  I'm not rich by any account and compared to some of you I'm poor.  But I told all three of my boys that if they played ball I would provide a car, my choice, pay their insurance, gas, and give them a little spending money.  I wanted them to enjoy life because you grow up fast enough.

I think it is also the mentality of those say they would not go back to their teenage years for nothing.  I loved my teenage years.  Real life adult decisions are tough most days.

PF, you get my vote for dad of the year. Let me know if you are interested in a 4th or 5th son