Skip to main content

Reply to "PLAYER APPEARANCE = MEXICAN STANDOFF"

Been working late last 2 days.Read over all your comments this morning. Hid some post and let my
son read them too. Some were on the money a lot were
out of hand.
I'm sure after reading this that as long as you can get your son an a team that some of you would let them play for anyone maybe even this fine looking well groomed bunch.
http://i43.tinypic.com/rmld1i.jpg
Having read what a lot of you said I have come to the conclusion that a lot of you are so obsessed with your sons playing time that you would support any coach on any rule just so your child could play ball.
My son is an well rounded individual who will do well at whatever he likes. As for baseball we have team try outs in the fall and he went 5 scoreless innings against the varsity squad with only 2 hits
at age 15. It's not a matter of would he make the team it's all a matter of would he sell out his self to do it. I am not happy with his decision yet I respect him for the conviction to follow through with it. Some brought up how does the team feel about this one has a Mohawk and that does not seem to be a problem. Most just say that we need the pitching bad. He says he will continue to play ball and will play next year. He also said to post these 2 Quotes. The first by Galileo

"And who can doubt that it will lead to the worst disorders when minds created free by God are compelled to submit slavishly to an outside will? When we are told to deny our senses and subject them to the will of others?"

The second by H.L. Mencken
"And what is a good citizen? Simply one who never says, does or thinks anything that is unusual. Schools are maintained in order to bring this uniformity up to the highest possible point. A school is a hopper into which children are heaved while they are still young and tender; therein they are pressed into certain standard shapes and covered from head to heels with official rubber-stamps."
As for me I would not have a problem seeing him on this team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn...aseball/hair/gallery