Skip to main content

Reply to "Player Confidence"

Similar to what Coach May suggests, my guess is when you go up to the plate during a game, you're thinking about a desired result; that is, getting a hit. Try walking into the batters box without any thought about a result in mind, just clear your head and go up there and have fun.

At a more advanced stage you will hear people talk about tips to help you "slow the game down" which will help you focus and perform at a higher level. (If you listen to professional hitters talk about hitting slumps often the slumps are prolonged for reasons similar to your concerns. There's too much thinking going on and self imposed pressure.)

At your age I would suggest you walk in the batters box with a smile on your face and have fun. Stay positive. Good things will happen. Good luck.

Also I just re-read your post and I admit I had to laugh when I read, "I have another big problem." Baseball is first and foremost a game of failure so you might want to get use to it. The most important thing is to stay positive while you work on the things that need to be worked on.
Last edited by igball