Skip to main content

Reply to "Player Releases"

Politics, politics...amd more politics. One of the issues i have is that the OBA is at least partially publically funded, and some of there policies more than a little hypocrital.

The more that challenge conventional thinking and voice an opinion, the greater the chance that some common sense will come of it eventually. The ECPL is an alternative that would compete with many mid/low level pblo teams, the terriers, mets, blue jays still at the top - but their talent pool is drastically depleted vs 4-5 years ago.I don't think anyone who has seen this would argue. My hat is off to those who are working on solutions - lucky are those who line in regions where volunterrs have a bit of insight and sway in their local organizations. I think hamilton has a kid that throws 90's that stayed local and was drafted. Good for him!

It's unfortunate that $, profit and prejudice come into play with youth baseball and public $. The old boys network is alive and well - and very,very profitable. Congrats to all who have managed to line their pockets. 10-15 K for bb is a bit absurd, but more power to those who can afford it.

Local OBA associations are just as much to blame in their myopic and insular mindset.

now let's go out and have some fun and play ball!

6 inches of snow fell last night. Smile Fingers crossed for April.
Last edited by liner