Skip to main content

Reply to "Player Releases"

quote:
Originally posted by BobbleheadDoll:
quote:
Don't anyone tell me that the OBA release policy is about balance, or keeping it competitive, because that's complete BS

It is not about balance, it is about making sure that less well endowed araes have a few decent players who would otherwise leave for major centers ! Not hard to understand !
As far as daddy ball it exists all over the USA and Canada ! BB coaches who coach essentially without pay is usually a dad. If you have a way to solve that problem, the OBA would be sure to listen !

Blex
"“If you think about what you are doing you can get noticed without spending big dollars.”

Not true anymore"

That is more true today than ever ! It is "effective marketing" ! Coaches are looking for players that can help their team and if your son is good and you show the coach he could perform at that level, he will get a chance !

You cannot compare the daddy ball in the US to what is happening here. It is a very small group of **** heads that are in charge and pat each other on the back. In the US there are alternative programs just like what we have here for Hockey – so many alternatives for hockey here. Bobblehead, times are different now than when your son played – I’m sure you had some good and bad experiences but you cannot compare to today - you just cannot. In fact, baseball in Ontario today is different from even 2 years ago!!!

So my older son played 1 year elite and enjoyed it greatly but he knew when to get out and concentrate on his education. He now plays BB at a Canadian University and loves it!!

My younger son as I said left baseball and is having the time of his life with a great Hockey coach at the AAA level for the last 2 years. He is a serious Jnr prospect. In hockey those dads would not last 2 years. In OBA the bad coaching and dads that just should not be coaching are almost never kicked out – they last forever. You don’t want to know how my sons last year in the OBA went A TOTAL DISASTER OF A TEAM AND COACHING STAFF.

ELITE LEVEL PLAYERS ARE LEAVING THE SPORT
Last edited by blexann