Skip to main content

Reply to "Player Releases"

quote:
Originally posted by BobbleheadDoll:
Hockey is a different sport all together and my city is a hockey city. Ted Nolan is a client and I attended most of his son's games for years. 2 of my nephews are AAA coaches and have no son's !
BB is not comparable and it is rare to find a coach without a son on his team ! Without these dads BB would not exist ! Yes we had good and bad experiences in OBA but we fought through it and my son played 4 years of D1 in South Carolina,got a great degree and had no problem getting a great job ! It cost us next to nothing for that degree !
I watch all levels of BB still including Canadian U BB. You cannot compare that to US college ball and yes it is fun as most BB is ! I watch local OBA all the time as well as Elite. The only difference is the cost and what you don't get for the price you pay ! OBA is still a fun BB experience which is not without it's usual upset parents. USA daddy ball is exactly the same as here and in the small centers they have no choices either !

There are currently some Elite teams in Ontario (not to name any teams wink wink) that have dads coaching!!!!

Its bad

A note about Canadian University ball. yes I know you cannot compare the 2 however believe it or not many Canadian kids are coming BACK from JUCOs to play in Ontario mostly University ball. It is happening, check it out. Some US ball is not all its hyped up to be - save for your sons experience. Players come back for various reasons – culture shock, playing time..etc

Again we were smart enough to make the right choices for both my sons whenever I saw a situation where my sons best interest was being compromised on a consistent basis. Well...we were done and moved on.

Neither of my boys played college ball in the US. But my older son spent 2 summers playing on a travel team that toured the US.

Its all about choices...and I know some of my sons friends that have made the wrong choices.
Last edited by blexann