Skip to main content

Reply to "Player Videos on Social Media"

This was my 2015's first introduction to what is known as a Business/Marketing plan.  There are plenty of ways to get an opportunity to get seen by HC/RC. It depends on what you are marketing and who you are marketing to.  There are certain schools that already know the players they are recruiting early and perhaps any introduction you are going to extend to them may not matter.

My 2015 sent a 1 min video of some swings and fielding skills to his top 10 list of schools and the subject line look like:  2015, 6'3, 220lb left hitting Catcher.  All 10 responded back because he had something to market.

He also went to the camps where he could be seen by some of the HC/RC of his top 10 schools and made them aware that he was going to be there via an email.  About 5 of the coaches acknowledged that they received his email notification of  camp attendance as well as his video.

Or thought process was if out of the 10 schools, which were all different divisions, he could not get an offer then baseball was not going to be in his college experience. 

Every program has their way of recruiting and depends a lot on their programs budget.  This is just another way to get exposure perhaps along with other social media.

Just my opinion and it worked for my 2015.