Skip to main content

Reply to "Players drinking"

If the coach stated that this was his policy and zero tolerance then that's it. Drinking in HS is no more out of control than it was when I was in HS.

Coaches spend time on the internet checking out MySpace of their players?!?

As I said earlier, I am totally not in favor of under age drinking but am a firm beleiver that what you do off school property is ones own business and for parents to deal with. I always told my kids dealing with us would be their worst nightmare, but since my husband and I were once kids, we knew that it would be possible they would do kid things so our punishment fit the crime.

I am also a firm beleiver in setting an example, if I told my kids never to drink and drive, then we don't, don't ever come home with alcohol on your breath, then we didn't and we NEVER served them an alcoholic beverage or allowed them to drink in our home until they were 21. Did they drink while underage, yes they did, but as stated before, we taught them that their were grave consequences if they got caught, possibly ending up in jail.

Education begins in the home folks and as a parent I felt that it was my parental right to punish as I saw fit and trust me, I was tough, my son knew if any of the above occured he was off the team, we had no team rules for drinking but we had our own, IMO, too many parents (please don't take that personally) look the other way these days and THAT is wrong with our kids today.

For those that are of the notion that you think that your kids will never drink while underage, don't send them off college. Roll Eyes