Skip to main content

Reply to "Players drinking"

quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog 19:

CPLZ, I find it interesting you are so opposed to the school representing itself with its best. I would not consider a law-breaker to be the "best" of a school. I would also like your son's input into this type of thing and how you are going to handle him attending an institution that will nearly tell him what he can and cannot do and when he can or cannot do it.

Finally, Waterloo High School's policy:

First offense: 23% of season (baseball that is 8 games)
Second offense: 1 full calendar year
Third offense: your high school athletic career is now over

This policy starts when you enter as a freshman and ends when you graduate (or are thru with school sports).

Bulldog,
By that comment you obviously mean that any person who has ever committed any offense can't possibly be the schools best. To that, my only response is that age has not taught you enough about human character. You cannot paint the world in such broad terms based on one event. Even your own school policy has temperance for first time offenders. It understands that a single mistake will bring consequences, but not the catestrophic finality of end to an athletic season. According to your logic, being good is defined solely by whether someone has not been caught breaking a law. That's a bit narrow as age will show you that even the best make mistakes, it's what makes us human. What makes us a good society, is giving people the opportunity to learn and recover from those mistakes.

As to your comments about West Point, they lack understanding. It is easy at your age to think you know what something is, when actually, you are without much understanding. I would put your comments in that category. If you would like to learn more about West Point and what it really is and isn't, I'd be happy to share it with you in PM.

Good luck in the rest of your HS career.
Last edited by CPLZ