Skip to main content

Reply to "Players Missing Games"

Here's another situation... I'm looking for some advice on this one. We are taking a Spring break trip this year. Two of our players are also in chorus which is taking a trip to New Orleans over the same dates. The kids have not come to me to mention anything about it yet. Their teachers came to me to inform me that two of my players (likely starters, but that is irrelevant) will not be able to go on our trip because of their commitment to the chorus. Perhaps my real problem is that the players have not yet told me about this and the way that the chorus directors (who I otherwise get along with very well) have handled it.

I honestly am not thinking about wins and losses on the trip. Since they are obviously not conference games, I am more concerned with the development of our team than I am with record.

However from our other trip I know that the kids have a great time and really bond well. It is a positive all around. I feel that we should let the kids decide which to attend. However I am afraid that the kids will feel put in between the two groups. I will not pressure them to come on the baseball trip, but I have a feeling that the chorus directors will.

Am I handling this situation right?
Has anyone bee in a situation like this before?