Skip to main content

Reply to "Players Missing Games"

It is in fact a school sponsored choir trip to New Orleans. Again, I am not concerned about losing games because we are missing players or anything like that. My main concern is that the kids (and the director) have not handled this correctly.

3Finger- I agree that there should be some sort of a policy for events like this. I know a few years ago we had a student who had a similar situation and went to a wrestling meet over a choir concert. So it seems as though there is no real rule as to which the kid should choose. If there isn't a rule about it, I think the decision should be left up to the kid. The problem is that many times they will get pressure from either the coach or director or both that will put them in a very difficult situation, but guess what, life is full of difficult situations. I agree that they are probably hoping that we will make the decision for them and then they don't have to.

I believe I stated in my previous post that I will be excusing the absence if they go to NO since it is a school related function.