Skip to main content

Reply to "Playing High School vs. Playing Travelball"

I appreciate your reply. I meant to say my son's travel ball coach lets me sit in the dugout during games and practices and yes, coach a player when needed be. To where as the high school coach don't even want to say hi. Like I said it's complex, we are more comfortable in the travel ball realm as opposed to the high school environment. my son wouldn't be in this situation if not for his current travel ball coach. His travel ball coach is an authoritarian compared to a softer frosh high school coach who is not on the players as much, my son needs that, it's made him a better player. It's a mix of loyalties and appreciation as well, fueled by having to initially take a step down, in order to make a step up on the high school baseball program ladder. I'm concerned because he has not played as long as other travel ball players and taking 4-5 months away from this organization can be detrimental to his development in the long run. He has made great strides with this club.

Ha, your last paragraph is a new thread for me to address in the future. What I will touch on is this, you are correct about SOME of those players and why they play spring ball instead of high school. There is now a small movement of players for whatever extenuating circumstances they may have, starting to play club ball year around. I noticed the home schooled kid is representing among this group of individuals. I have also seen a number of these individuals get scholarships to play at the next level, which is the purpose of this organization. Thank you for your time.