Skip to main content

Reply to "Playing High School vs. Playing Travelball"

Every ones input is greatly appreciated and I feel like all of you are like coaches in your own regard. You guys know your stuff! I want to clarify something, I have no desire to coach my son. Input and problem solving is all I am pretty much doing with him these days. Between his HS and club team, he has plenty of coaching and practice. Secondly, I guess I put it the wrong way, I don't want to be in my son's HS dugout, it's high school. All I was trying to say was, my son's club coach who worked for MLB, lets me coach. My son's HS coach does not even want to say hi or make eye contact. He is big leaguing me, that's not right. Nobody is on your leg coach, you should get to know someone before you make a sound judgement, sad. My son's club coach does not play that daddy ball jive either.

He waited 7 months before he invited me on the diamond to help out. I am not going to quote the man, but I will say he does not look at me like other parents. He don't just let any dad coach in the dugout. Nor do I assume most dads don't wanna be in there anyways. He knows when I'm in the dugout I'm plugged into the game and focused on all the players. I make it a point to pretty much, when it comes to my son, stay clear and let the other coaches deal with him and they know it to. It comes down to trust, somebody has to believe in you, to get an opportunity.

When my son can't play for his club team come February, I'm still going to pay my dues and coach at practices and games that he will not be allowed to play in because of CIF rules that need to go. Players are what keep me coming back, they are the game. They are good young people who are finding there way in life and deserve to have people in their lives who have high expectations and belief in them. All your replys are helping me a lot and I am pretty sure helping out others as well. Appreciate you all and plan on posting again on Thanksgiving...