Skip to main content

Reply to "Please don't be so arrogant"

"1.  How did the ump call live ball?  Did he yell something to the effect "Ball is still live"?  I've never heard an umpire - good or bad - make the call the ball is still live.  

2.  Did you know if the pitcher had made a better pitch it wouldn't have hit the batter?

3.  Did you know if the batter hadn't swung then it would have been a clear cut case of HBP and your team would have lost?"

1.  Didn't hear ump but his ruling was dropped third strike so it was a live ball.

2.  It was an awesome/nasty curve ball pitch to come inside that far for the batter to swing at it.

3.  Yes agree, IF the batter did not swing and it hit him it would be a HBP.  BUT - He did swing and he did completely miss and it did hit his leg.  What's your point here??

"Thankfully the most I've had to do is just warn people I was going to call the police.  That tends to calm people down."

You completely are wrong to assume this was the situation.  The parent was very respectful and I truly believe the parent was trying to help the ump so he wouldn't embarrass himself again in the future.  It was about respecting the game.  The only solace in this situation is to believe that the ump will find out about the rule so no other team will suffer because of his arrogance.

Again, this post was not about a wrong call.  It is about the arrogant attitude of the ump that will prevent him from making good calls in the future.