Skip to main content

Reply to "Please help provide some direction?"

Don't mean to sound rude here. But Sandman what exactly is your question? You've been a member of this site for 8 years with over 700 posts. You've obviously seen your scenario posted by others with the full array of advice and comments almost all of which say the same thing. Sure as hell looks like you've done all the homework that has been suggested by the experienced folks time and time again. You've narrowed your search, registered with the NCAA and you're exploring summer ball and exposure options.

Seems to me your hung up on this "HS varsity" thing.
Your son is about to play his first varsity HS campaign. I'm no expert, but in my neck of the woods (Midwest) it is quite uncommon for underclassmen to be called up to varsity. If Sandman Jr. has the baseball goods and puts them on display in front of the right people he'll get some offers. Those coaches aren't going to look past his current talents to wonder why he didn't play HS varsity at 14 or 15! I've seen it posted on these boards a hundred times "High School baseball stats mean nothing in the recruiting process"

Sounds like you are placing a large portion of your decision on the academics side for your choices. If that's the case (and it sounds like you've already done this) bookmark the 20-30 colleges within the 2-3 hour radius of your home, research their curriculum and find the best fits for you and send an email to each baseball coach asking what is the best way for your son to be seen by them.

You seem to be light years ahead of most folks posting that "need some recruiting direction help" topic. Good luck to you and your son on finding that fit.