Skip to main content

Reply to "Please Identify Your Son"

PG Staff,
Great idea! Your request for input reflects your character and your desire to understand everything possible about young baseball players and how to get a player from “kid” to college. I appreciate that. I also agree that the more support in the player’s corner, the more opportunities a player will have.
Not to solicit compliments, but 99% this support has to start at home. It takes a unique parent to become a significant part of the development and recruiting process while allowing all the attention and praise to go to the young player and to other people. The real reward that comes to the parent has little to do with baseball. Yes, it might appear to be a home run, or a no-hitter, but the real reward to the parent is just knowing that you did all you could do to help your son.
Many, many, people have helped my son over the years. Only a few were motivated by self interest, most helped because they had an unselfish desire to help. The HSBBW is one of the few places that join the parent looking for help, and those people that are willing to help.

Josh Bell – Northside High School 2002 (Jackson, TN)
Sophomore C/P Auburn University- Auburn, Alabama

Fungo

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.