Skip to main content

Reply to "Please Identify Your Son"

quote:
Originally posted by RedSoxFan21:
OK, I can't think of a better thread to write my 500th post.

First, a huge thank you to the entire HSBBW community. You have made this Dad's trek with his son all the more rewarding. I've made some new friends in person that I never would have met, and I've found an honest and open web community where I doubted one (web community) could exist before this.

I've enjoyed the wisdom of many as well as the 'orneriness' of a select few! Wink

My son isn't going D1, or even D2 (though he did have interest from some great NE-10 coaches).
He is not ranked highly by PG (7.5)
He is not on any Top Prospects lists that I am aware of.
And I apologize to those who are in much more lofty categories for perhaps wasting your time with my pride in him.

He is going D3, smitten by Boston, and intends to show that he deserves a spot in the starting lineup at some point in the next few years. We are both very impressed with the school and the coaching staff, not to mention the city of Boston (again).

He captained both his basketball and baseball teams well into the playoffs and from among 175 male athletes at his school was named for Outstanding Committment to Athletics.

He has also been named First Team All Division by the RI Interscholastic League and has been complimented by his coach as being one of the best leaders to come through the program over the past ten years.

He will be completely embarrassed by this posting.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

He is:

6'2" 200 lb Catcher and 4/5 hitter.

To attend in the fall of 2012.

CONGRATS!!!! So pleased you chose to embarrass him here! I love these stories.

Last edited by 2013 Parent