Skip to main content

Reply to "politics"

My description of events is intentionally a bit cryptic. I don't want to hand out any ammo to those folks in our school district who have been enabling dishonest, corrupt, and bullying behavior in our district. And keep in mind that I am posting this while sitting in Cook County, Illinois. I follow politics. I recognize dishonesty, corruption, and bullying when I see it. And my eyes are wide open!

I am posting this to encourage other HSBBW members to face up to obviously unfair political situations. I agree fully with what Will said...
    "to some it is just an excuse. to some it is real and you have to fight through it. the key is knowing the difference."

If what is happening at your school or community is truly unfair and dishonest then stand up and fight. Why should dishonesty, corruption, and bullying be accepted? It shouldn't!

Get involved. Gather the troops. Be smart. Be honest. Be victorious! Don't tolerate what is wrong!

"control the things you can"
    I'm very pleased to report that we did just that at our high school CD!

"You go to the meetings"
    For years someone very high up in a department not academic would stand at the back of the room during school board meetings. At these public meetings, where input from the community is sought, if you dissented about anything academic or athletic the someone very high up would write down your name.

Intimidating? Yes.

Unethical? Yes.

Is this behavior worth fighting against? You betcha!

"Politics???? Deal with it"
    We did.

"fight through it"
    We did.

"Cream rises to the top"
    Yes indeed! And heavy crud settles on the bottom!

Our success? We now have a new superintendent. The dishonest one was booted by our newly elected school board. A decent and honest professional replaced him.

Rumor has it the someone very high up has been told to leave at the end of the year. This person has been bullying this high school for decades...and now this person's reign of terror is over.

Who benefited from this person's behavior? A select few.

Who was harmed by this person's behavior? Nearly everyone else.

I say to members faced with a situation that is intolerable...
    You will know when it is worth a fight.

Your enemy will try to intimidate and demoralize you.

Consider all of that as high octane fuel.

Tune up your car. Put on a new set of tires. Find the key. Put it into the ignition and turn it confidently. Shift into drive and floor it. Don't look back. You will quickly empty your tank of that high octane fuel...and you will coast across the finish line as the victor!

Savor your victory...a victory that will be remembered and cherished by all others who follow!

Last edited by gotwood4sale