Skip to main content

Reply to "politics"

quote:
Originally posted by 55mom:
excuse me? That is rude and sexist. And don't get on yer high horse - it's a blanket statement applied in a thoughtless way.

cripes

It's not rude. It's the way it is. Been there done that. As for the sexist thing. That's your issue, not mine. I too have never had dads come up to parents and ask for handouts for a coach since LL days. Yes, dads have their angle too. It's all for posturing and to get HS Johnny a better shot at varsity and playing time. Go see if that same mom who's HS Jonny sophomore is expecting to start on varsity the following season but winds up on JV instead. Go see if she's rushing around the next season to collect loot for the same HC who cut him down to JV.

The money from the parents should be spent in the booster club where it's parents only raising money for the team to purchase the extras the school budgets won't cover like pre-game meals on game days after school, equipment, warmup gear etc and the only involvement the HC should have is to make sure everything is ok and certain fundraisers involving his players may need some input.
Last edited by zombywoof