Skip to main content

Reply to "politics"

First of all, to make an assumption that all "team Moms" - something I've never been, have an ulterior motive, is an insult to all the moms who do this for the team. I suppose I could say that all daddys that coach their sons/daughters have an ulterior motive as well. There are plenty of people who do these things for the right reasons.

Coach May pretty much describes what our coach does. Field work is year around, summer ball, 8 man work outs etc. He does a lot. Giving him a small gift is not outrageous. Maybe it's a Southern thing? Last year it was less than $100 for each of 3 coaches.

As to why I volunteer - sold programs, concessions, I guess everyone else is too busy being PC, it wouldn't get done. As to this busy somebody, yes, I got stuck with handing the cards out last year. I placed them at their place at the table. I didn't say a word.

My son plays regardless. We have been pleased with what he has done and is doing. Like I said, there have been a few team issues, but nothing personal towards my son.