Skip to main content

Reply to "politics"

quote:
Originally posted by Coach_May:
Good post coach. I have always believed I was the lucky guy for getting a chance to be a part of their baseball life. I talk to parents and tell them I have been through this twice with 2 sons. I know how they are feeling.

"I am going to borrow your kids for the next four years for a few hours a day. I am going to treat them just like they are my own because in my eyes they are. I am going to work for them just like they are mine. I am going to demand from them just like I demand from my own kids. I will never expect anything from them that I have not already given to this program and Im still giving. So if you allow me to do this I will. If you want to be a part of this I want you to. And I think its important for your son to know you are there for him and this program and ALL the players. I will handle what goes on in the dugout and on the field. And you are more than welcome to help me and the other coaches anyway you can. And if you can not no problem. Because nothing anyone does that does not wear a uniform on this team will ever have anything to do with what goes on on that field."

Some of my very best friends are former players parents. And I have many kids out there still playing the game. Many kids out there in the military. Many kids out there working jobs and raising families. And I am equally proud of every one of them. Do not let parents that you know are doing things for the program and trying to manipulate the situation for their kid stop you from enjoying your sons hs experience. If you want to help and be a part of it for the right reasons - do it. Its no different than going to church and putting your focus on the people that you know are fakes and phony people. YOU end up not getting the real message your there for and enjoying what you are doing and end up spending your time POed at the other people. JMHO

Wisdom Is something I can recognize, I see it here, the challenge is practicing it all the time.

The above is playing as we speak in our program.

Fortunately, I have a head coach like Coach May.
And I have confidence on the correct outcomes. because of it.