Skip to main content

Reply to "politics"

quote:
Originally posted by peskynats:
I'm absolutely disgusted with our HS coach and I can't for the season to be over. My son is handling it well, but I know deep down that he can't wait for college ball to start. This is a first year coach, who replaced another terrible coach. The previous terrible coach was not good at Xs and Os. The new terrible coach is also not good at Xs and Os as well as plays his own awful son at a key infield position. Many players have left the team because the coach hasn't given them a fair shake. The coaches son leads the team in errors (by far) and bragging throughout the school. I'm waiting for somebody to kick his *ss, but we'll have to wait for the end of the baseball season for that to happen. I have no idea where the Athletic Director is in all of this.

I thought this coach was going to really change things for the better, but I'm just left with bitter disappointment. Daddy ball at the high school level leads to POLITICS and a lot of questions. I'm looking forward to the end and closing this chapter on High School baseball. The end can't come quick enough!

pesky - welcome to the hsbbweb. I wouldn't be encouraging any as*-kickings as that could lead to someone getting seriously injured/maimed/killed and someone else going to prison. Just a few years ago, a single punch was thrown between teammates at Charleston Southern - a religious school, that wound up in death and another going to prison.

As far as politics goes, it exists at all levels of baseball imho including college and pros. There are college players all over this country who are starting day 1 as frehmen whose Dad's are the head coaches for their respective programs. Some programs have high-profile names, high profile connections, and/or multi-million dollar doners whose kids are getting looks over others who perhaps may be more deserving. Your son needs to learn how to ignore what he cannot control and focus on those things he can. If he cannot, his college career could be a short one imho.