Skip to main content

Reply to "politics"

ClevelandDad,

Thanks, I'm a long time HSBaseball Web lurker. I'm absolutely not advocating violence, however I noticed a resentment towards the coaches' son that has escalated since the beginning of the year when it was clear he was not at a Varsity level. Based upon some things he has allegedly said, I wouldn't be surprised if someone "pops" him, and soon.

Yes, I've seen politics at LL, HS, Travel, Elite Travel, and I expect to see it at College too. My son could care less what happens over the next 3-4 weeks in High School. I respect him for sticking around as others have decided it is not worth their time. He blames the coach for not putting the best possible team on the field. He and a couple others play hard 100% despite their coach. These kids are the true grownups IMO for this situation. I'm having a tougher time with this POLITICS than he is, because I was expecting more from the coach during my son's senior year. He is only a senior once. My son is a mentally tough and talented kid, and I think he has already moved into "college baseball mode" where he will be prepared for even more challenges. He is not going to let this HS coach distract him from his goals.
Last edited by peskynats