Skip to main content

Reply to "politics"

Regarding small ball.

I believe the best hitters are also the best bunters. They seem to be able to slow the game down.

I also believe I rather teach and excecute
situational hitting to moving the runner up
vs the sac bunt.

I am not a big advocate of the slap bunt (in baseball) yet it an remains effective hitting tactic
in fastpitch.

With regards to "politics". I think that word has
some utility in certain specific situations and especially in Wash DC, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Transportation, and of course the current Administration.

In baseball, I am inclined to believe it is more about building relationships (and is a substitute for the misuse of the term 'politics'). And of
course there are two basic elements known throughout for developing, sustaining and improving relationships at all levels. That would be trust, and communications. Without trust and communications, the process for developing, sustaining and improving relationships becomes most difficult, and challenging, if not impossible.

And of course the best approach for parents to buildinh a relationship with the HS and College Head Coach includes what I call the 3 B's.
'Be Brief', 'Be Truthful' and 'Be Gone'.

For the HS or College player, the 3 B's are tailored a bit and includes:
'Be On Time', 'Be Brief' and 'Be Gone'.

And to give credit to where credut is due, I borrowed, in 1998, the approach from my friend, CAPT D. Conley, CDR of the USS Halsey, whose highest rank at retirement is RADM (USN).

I recently chatted with RADM Conley is the parking lot last week, near the Pentagon. An Outstanding man.

cheers
Bear
Last edited by Bear