Skip to main content

Reply to "politics"

I agree with CoachB25.  I have had some players who were great in other sports and thought they could just come out and succeed at baseball.  No offense but football doesn't always require the same requirement of technique that baseball does, you can sometimes live off athletic ability.  A little tougher in baseball and I have coached some high level football teams in my years.  Is he starting varsity or jv in football?  That would explain a few things.  I hope you realize that personality has a lot to do with player/coach interaction.   If I remember the story right, you were involved in a situation that dictated the coach not liking your player.   If that is true, remember it is easier to forgive than forget.  He may have forgave you but not forgot.  The sins of the father will be passed on to the third and fourth generations.  But for the coach to keep your son, as you have been told, he is giving him a chance.  Most would have cut him.  If I am thinking of the wrong situation, please forgive me.