Skip to main content

Reply to "politics"

KTCOTB posted:

I have to disagree this time. In Baseball you can get away with being small. Football requires size. The only exception I believe is running backs. My son is not huge. He also sustained a concussion practicing with varsity which I believe kept him down longer. There were some really good players who were kept down at JV because of their size. 

KTC, this is probably getting into thread drift and/or nitpicking but it could be somewhat relevant I guess...

You said.. "The middle linebacker on varsity is very big, and is pretty good, so they kept him down mostly due to that and to let him grow another year."

There is a distinct difference between being kept out of a slot because you are behind a stud on the depth chart and not yet being big enough for the varsity level of play.  So, if the primary reason son was kept down was because of stud linebacker, RJM is correct.  Most teams would have found another slot for him.  If it was mostly because he didn't have the size yet, totally different story.

It's all good.  Sounds like next year is promising.

Last edited by cabbagedad