Skip to main content

Reply to "politics"

As my son enters his sophomore year, we are filled with uncertainty about the upcoming year. He I suppose is one of those marginal players- inconsistent, and very unsure of himself ...

This is part of your post from a while back. Your son wasn’t the victim of politics. He’s the victim of you, how you see his talent and your attitude. The coach probably had an objective view of how your son fit, or didn’t fit in the program. You had a biased view of your son’s talent and how he fit in the program. 

Your rant has been made many times by parents of marginal players. I’ve heard it many times. 

Now, you can’t finish off any desire he has to play the game. Or he can suck it up, find a summer team, get better and give it another shot next year. It starts with goi g to the coach and asking what he needs to improve so there isn’t any guessing. 

Or, the reality may be this is as far as he’s going in baseball. It may be time to try something else or put additional offseason development into football.

Last edited by RJM