Skip to main content

Reply to "Poll - Trout, Cabrera or other for AL MVP"

quote:
Originally posted by 2013 Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by J H:
Batting average is absolutely irrelevant because, simply put, OPS is a better overall offensive production indicator.

Just because the Triple Crown categories have been deemed important in the past doesn't mean they're right. Just because Miguel Cabrera has a higher batting average, more RBIs and more home runs than Mike Trout doesn't make him a better hitter. The evidence is blatantly obvious.

I don't know how else to make this argument.

Mike Trout is the most valuable player in the American League in 2012, BY FAR.

Cabrera has a higher OPS. Not to mention Trout has a K per game. While Cabrera K total is quite low. As intellegint as you are (or at least as I think you to be) to use "by far" is simply ridiculous. In an earlier post you are so bold to say it is right and wrong and not a matter of opinion. Well, we will see soon enough, but I guess the majority will be "wrong" when Cabrera wins.

The only thing Trout has on Cabrera is SB. His is not IMO a better hitter. Cabrera has done it for years. PM me in 2020 and then let's see where Trout is.

My only comment here is that the MVP award is annual. Past history has no relevance in this discussion. Just sayin