Skip to main content

Reply to "Poll - Trout, Cabrera or other for AL MVP"

quote:
Originally posted by bball123:
quote:
And every generation of scientists think they have figured out the universe. Are they always right? No. Does that mean we should never attempt to progress? Come on.

I have no problem with that, in fact I spent my whole life in math and science. As long as you can prove with mathematically certainty how things are, I am 100% with you. Show me your maxwell equations, your theory of relativity of baseball, predict the past and then the future with your model, then I will be 100% with you. A half baked model is the most dangerous. Attempts are good, but know and acknowledge your limitation and corner cases. I am still insisting that a triple crown winners have the highest probability of being inducted to the Hall of Fame. Prove me wrong.

I have, on multiple occasions, stated that sabermetric stats are not perfect. Neither is the theory of the Big Bang, evolution, etc. That doesn't mean these theories aren't useful..

Also, I'm not sure where your last sentence came from, I don't think anyone was even talking about Hall of Fame probability.