Skip to main content

Reply to "Poll - Trout, Cabrera or other for AL MVP"

This link here doesn't even get into the in depth analysis like many do (or should do). But it is nonetheless a good, and extremely easy to understand, analysis of just how valuable Trout was, and just how much more valuable than Cabrera he was.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play....book_embedded_player

Cabrera will most likely win the MVP this year, because there are those in the BBWAA that dismiss statistical analysis in the same light that many posters here do (the fact that the BBWAA holds the voting rights is a pretty ridiculous aspect to the MVP voting as well, in my opinion, and largely discredits the validity). But until I hear another argument that differs from "Cabrera is the best hitter" and "Cabrera won the Triple Crown", I will not stop discrediting those opinions. Because quite frankly, and this may come off as very brash, those are very ignorant reasons to formulate such an opinion.

I'm a pretty confident person and I don't know too many things I've been more confident with than to say that Mike Trout was infinitely more valuable in 2012 than Miguel Cabrera was, and that it really is not even close enough for an argument. Its disappointing to me that the reverse opinion will most likely prevail, because to me that just means the game of baseball still has a lot of work to do in educating people about what's truly important to the valuation of a player.
Last edited by J H