Skip to main content

Reply to "Poll - Trout, Cabrera or other for AL MVP"

quote:
bball123, you act like JH is showing you some abstract thought that can't be quantified and shows nothing when really the only arguement that shows lack of understanding or thought is your own.

Since you are the expert, would you mind telling how many strike out is equivalent to a base steal? Else how can we compare pitcher to base stealer? What you are doing is hiding behind all the complexes and don't know how to answer some simple questions. When I raise the issue the very first time, I was told the system is a framework, not weighted stats. Then later, I was told indeed, it's weighted stats. Please answer simple questions instead of hiding behind the big piece of cloth. If I have a reliever pitcher, a pinch runner and a pinch hitter, how do you compare them? A strike for a steal? Two hits for a strike? How about walk off HR to striking on the side, what is the ratio and weights? How many past balls is equal to a dropped fly-ball? A sliding catch versus a Willie May's catch, what are the weights? Curve ball HR versus slider HR versus fastball HR, what are the weights?