Skip to main content

Reply to "Poll - Trout, Cabrera or other for AL MVP"

Three Bagger- Roll Eyes LOL

Once again, I invite anyone to provide logical reasoning as to why Miguel Cabrera deserves the MVP over Mike Trout. I've yet to see it here or anywhere else.

bball123- The different weight for your apples and oranges are accounted for in the formula. Cabrera's WAR would be different if he was with another team. So would Trout's. There is no set universal value to each player's performance, team-specific factors are taken into account.

You're arguing with me about something that has already been proven. I will continue to repeat myself: Read what I sent you, so that you have a better understanding of what I'm actually talking about. The more you spew your claims, the worse you look.

When you read, you learn. Then you wouldn't argue something that you can't argue.

To others that are reading along, I'm sorry for being so snide. It is EXTREMELY frustrating to me when people deliberately choose to ignore information provided to them, especially when they are trying to make a point that is directly related to said information. I kind of feel like I'm trying to explain to someone how and why 2+2 doesn't equal 5, but they refuse to follow the steps to figure out the correct answer.
Last edited by J H