Skip to main content

Reply to "Poll - Trout, Cabrera or other for AL MVP"

OK, I just read this thread over and I would like to apologize directly to bball123 as well as to others that have been following along. I realize that in no way, shape or form was it appropriate or mature of me to be on such a voracious offensive against something that in the grand scheme of things, is rather meaningless.

To be honest, I've grown frustrated several times with what I perceive as a lack of progressive thinking within the game. This has not happened here on this website, but I have found it many times in my every day life. I consider myself a student of the game and one that loves to learn about nuisances. I am a baseball player first and foremost and would never imagine discounting the on-field experiences that I've had, or anyone else has had in their career. Conversely, I recognize and embrace many aspects of the game that I feel better progress the game into a positive future. Sabermetrics and in-depth analytics as a whole are one of those topics.

While I still wholeheartedly feel as though Mike Trout is deserving of the AL MVP, I do respect other people's opinions, whether I agree with them or not. The comments and thread that bball123 and I had throughout this forum were largely inappropriate and were largely facilitated by yours truly. I was out of line in my responses, my reactions, and my temper.

Whatever happens next week in the MVP voting is fairly irrelevant in almost everyone's life here on this forum, and no one should be getting as worked up about things as I did this afternoon on this thread.

Hopefully, bball123, you accept my apology and we can move on with civility on these boards.

Once again, I am sorry.