Skip to main content

Reply to "Poll question"

Francisco Lindor - still young but proven star, excellent clubhouse influence, avg., power, speed, ++defense in a premium position, ++ attitude and outlook.  Can't go wrong with this guy as the face of the franchise.

It would be easy to take Cole, even after last night's loss fresh in everyone's mind.  And there are lots of reasons to do so.  I think he is the one guy of the top 6-8 pitchers in the game today who is not on the down side starting to decline.  I also think his mechanics will allow him to stay at the top of his game for a bit longer than average.  So, I think he has at least 4 yrs of ace level performance ahead of him.  

But I'm going out on a limb a bit here and taking Walker Buehler.  Electric stuff.  Great metrics across the board.  Obviously very young.  Already proven winner, not just in regular season but in playoffs as well.  Seems energetic and likable.  In a very short time, made effective adjustments.  I just see many years of top shelf pitching from this kid.  A bit more size would help my confidence level though.

Last edited by cabbagedad