Skip to main content

Reply to "Pomona or Amherst?"

StrainedOblique posted:

Also, lets take a moment and define this love thing. Love is not 'like'.   Love,  is the player has spoken to the HC several times. Specifically about GPA /Test scores. Has been invited on campus.

Like, is standardized non personal email, No questions about GPA/ Test scores, received email camp invites and maybe a handshake at an event....This is not love.

When an NCAA coach wants a player, they make their intentions crystal clear. There is no ambiguity.

With D3 ball at a high academic school the question your son needs to ask is : " Your school is difficult to get into, how can you help me with admissions? "

At that point the Coach will explain the admissions process and his influence on applications and recommend you apply 'early decision'

However, if the response is something like ' I can't really help you there, you'll need to just apply and be accepted on your own' then we're back to the love thing. And in this particular scenario......You DO NOT have it.

What did Lennon say?  'Love is all you need'.......Ok, now let me get back to baseball

LOVE this analysis. Best bit of advice for navigating the recruiting process I've seen yet.

Thank you.