Skip to main content

Reply to "Pomona-Pitzer"

Kimb27,

Some Pro's - I've sent several players to play in the conference (not far from us) and one of my sons (college coach) is very close with some of the staff with one of the schools.  For D3, it is a very strong conference top to bottom with exception of Caltech and even they have made good strides on the field in recent years.  Most of the conference coaches that I am familiar with are good character guys.  If your kid has grown up in Jersey, he will LOVE being in SoCal Fall thru Spring.  Most of the facilities are nice to very nice and come Spring, there is no such thing as a rainout.  Practices will be in generally excellent weather as well.  Conference travel distance is favorable.  Most conference matchups are very competitive.

Some Con's - There is definitely the typical D3 over-recruiting at some of the schools in conference... not sure about PP specifically.  Just be aware.  Saw your profile - D3 ball will not be mistaken for D1 ball.  Having grown up back East and lived out West most of my adult life, I think it is far easier for a Jersey kid to adjust socially to a bunch of California kids than the other way around.  It's not easy on most parents for their kid to be playing college ball on the other side of the country.  But the biggest down side is LA traffic sucks.  Really bad.

Last edited by cabbagedad